Creating themes is the goal of Surikata.io's frontend programming. This is where the website design and UI/UX is created.
Each theme is split into following logical parts:
- Page layouts. Your theme can define unlimited number of page layouts. Each page of the website is built using a selected layout.
- Templates. This is where the real design work with HTML takes place.
- PHP Main Class. This is where you configure the rest of your theme. A bit of PHP programming is necessary here.
There are following default themes available in Surikata.io's package:
- HelloWorld: This is the simpliest theme possible. You should undertand it first.
- Basic: This theme contains the basic ecommerce functionality. You should understand it before creating your own full-featured theme.
Each page (accessible over a certain URL) must have its layout attached. Read following chapters to understand how layouts work.
Each plugin must have its template written in TWIG. Template is a "front-end counterpart" of the plugin. Read following chapters to understand how you can create your templates or what variables you can use there.
You can prepare your theme to be used in multi-language projects.